- Pray and invite God to prepare your heart and mind to be present with us at the Day of Prayer…take note of the ways you are hoping or longing to experience God that day or in this season of your life. What do you desire from Him that day? What will you need to lay down in order to enter fully into that time with Him?
- Pray for the team who are preparing to lead us into praise, intercession and celebration throughout the day. Pray that they will have insight and clarity and that they will hear God’s voice clearly along the way.
- Pray for safe travel to Toronto and for all the logistical details to go smoothly as we gather from all corners of the country!
- Registration at the DOP venue (CTF church) will begin at 8:30am on Wednesday.
- If you are driving in that morning please meet us at the church at 8:30.
- If you are staying at the Residence Inn please meet in the lobby at 8:15 to load luggage and walk over to CTF together. There will be someone there directing you 🙂
- In order to receive the $75 reimbursement from the national office we will need you to register when you arrive at the DOP venue – this will help keep things simple for the national office admin team!
- For all those who have registered for the shuttle to Blue Mountain – you will be getting onto the bus directly at CTF church at 2:45pm! Please make sure you have checked out of your room and bring your luggage with you to the church. There will be vehicles available to help with this.
- For any other transportation questions or concerns please email Tony Posthumus: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
DAY OF PRAYER 2016
(FORMERLY CALLED THE DAY OF DISCERNMENT)
- Location: Catch the Fire church, 272 Attwell Dr, Toronto, ON
If you did not register for Day of Prayer when you registered for NMC and now you would like to attend you can sign up here.
The deadline to register for Day of Prayer is June 15, 2016.
Date: Wednesday, June 29th, 2016
- Time: 8:30 am – 3:00pm
- ***Please meet in the lobby of the Residence Inn Toronto Airport hotel at 8:15am to walk over to the venue. Or feel free to meet us at Catch the Fire for the 8:30am start time.
- ***Shuttle to Blue Mountain will leave directly from the Day of Prayer for all those needing a ride! More details will be provided as the date approaches, but be sure you registered for a spot on the shuttle on your registration form.
The heart behind the Day of Prayer is to gather in God’s Presence and pause collectively to remember our dependence on our Good and Faithful God. We really appreciate you coming to be together in the Lord’s Presence for the day before NMC!
ARRIVAL & HOTEL DETAILS:
- Plan to arrive Tuesday, June 28th in the late afternoon or evening.
- Our hotel arrangement is with the Residence Inn Marriott Toronto Airport and you will need to book your hotel room yourself for that night, or make your own arrangements for alternate accommodations. A $75 reimbursement will be available for all Day of Prayer participants, and an additional $75 can be claimed if you are bringing your family and need a hotel room for that night.
- The Residence Inn Toronto Airport Hotel has an airport shuttle for those arriving by air. Please make your arrangements directly with the front desk.
- Parking is available for $7/day for those driving in.
- Click here to book your hotel room online.
Should you wish to reserve your room by phone please call 1-888-798-2977 and ask for the Youth For Christ group rate. **Please note your confirmation will mention a parking charge. Please disregard as your group rate does include parking.** Please secure your reservation by May 14, 2016. After this date rooms are available on a first come first serve basis.
- You are on your own for supper on Tuesday night. There are several restaurant options within walking distance of the hotel.
- Continental breakfast is provided at the hotel for all hotel guests and lunch will be provided by YFC Canada on Wednesday for Day of Prayer participants only. Spouses and family members who are not registered for the Day of Prayer will be on their own for lunch. Again, there are several restaurant options within walking distance of the hotel.
CHILDCARE & FAMILIES:
- Please note that childcare and kids programming will not be provided on the Day of Prayer.
- The hotel has a pool area and there is shopping in the area for family members not participating in the Day of Prayer.
- All who attend the Day of Discernment may claim $75 per person from YFC Canada after the conference. We ask that this be claimed by the chapter with a list of attendees. This amount is to help cover the costs of supper and accommodation Tuesday night.
- Please note: attendance will be taken at the Day of Prayer for ease of reimbursement purposes, please make sure you visit the registration table at the Day of Prayer venue on June 29th.