YFC Canada offers guided spiritual retreats at Honeymoon Bay Lodge & Retreat, located on Vancouver Island. The emphasis of our retreats is on rest, reflection and refocusing, providing space for these according to the specific needs of each staff person.
YFC Canada is committed to becoming an organization that is characterized by healthy and resilient staff and this is a step in that direction!
You don’t have to be in crisis to join us for these retreats! In fact, our hope is that regular times of rest and reflection in this way will become a normal part of the way we operate.
We invite anyone and everyone in our YFC family to join us – come and let God meet you wherever you’re at!
Dates For Upcoming Retreats
- January 15-18, 2024: GVYU Guided Retreat
- February 12-16, 2024: Guided Marriage Retreat
- February 19-23, 2024: Facilitator Guided Retreat
- June 10-14, 2024: Guided Retreat
- July 22-26, 2024: Guided Retreat
- August 23-27, 2024: Guided Retreat (NOTE: Friday to Tuesday)
- November 25-29, 2024: Guided Marriage Retreat
Please Note departure for all retreats is the day after the retreat ends. For example Nov. 18th – 21st you depart on Nov. 22nd.
The staff at Honeymoon Bay Lodge & Retreat are taking every precaution to make the retreat centre a safe place for you to visit for one of our upcoming retreats.
YFC Canada would like you to carefully consider the risks of travel and the ongoing concerns around Covid-19, but welcome you to register for an upcoming retreat with these stipulations:
1) Please follow all travel mandates and guidelines for both your home province and the province of BC (this includes mandatory quarantines, mask wearing, etc.).
2) Please discuss your travel plans and have them approved by your supervisor before registering.
Please feel free to contact Honeymoon Bay Lodge with any facility related questions or concerns as you consider attending. Thank you!
What To Expect
- A private room/bathroom at our first-class retreat centre.
- A combination of individual time and facilitated group time.
- Opportunity to meet with a spiritual director and/or counsellor.
- Access to hiking trails, prayer labyrinth, salt water hot tub & sauna etc.
Cost For Guided Retreats
The cost of the meals/accommodations for a 5-day, 4-night retreat is $704.50.
However, because YFC Canada cares deeply about your health and resiliency, the national office will be billed for 30% of your retreat cost, bringing your amount for this retreat experience down to $475.
Total retreat cost for you: $475.
(+ travel costs)
You are welcome to book additional nights before/after the retreat at a cost of $120/night (single occupancy) or $130/night (double occupancy), plus meals. YFC Canada will also cover 30% of this cost. Please check with Honeymoon Bay Lodge directly about availability.
*participants need to check with HMB staff BEFORE making plans to stay extra nights on either side of the retreat…we meed to ensure there are rooms available.
To Register For One Of The Guided Retreats
1. Talk to your ED/supervisor for approval
2. Choose from the available retreat dates.
3. Click here to register.
YFC Canada wants to remove any barriers so that you are able to attend these highly beneficial retreats. Flight subsidies are available on a limited first-come-first-serve basis to credentialed staff for each retreat. For more information, please contact Sarah Bolton at email@example.com.
After you register we’ll send you more info about the retreat schedule and any other details you’ll need to know. If you still have questions about the facility you can call Honeymoon Bay Lodge & Retreat at 1-888-749-4252. Our YFC staff there will answer any questions
If you need transportation from Nanaimo please plan to arrive there between 1 and 3 PM to minimize your wait time.
Honeymoon Bay Retreat
10028 Park Dr
Honeymoon Bay, BC V0R 1Y0
Honeymoon Bay Retreat
Want More Info?
If you have any questions about retreat content or what to expect, please contact Scott Young at firstname.lastname@example.org
Plan Your Own Retreat
In addition to the guided retreats, you are welcome to book personal spiritual retreat time at Honeymoon Bay Lodge & Retreat. As a member of YFC/YU you will receive a discount on regular rates.
Want to know more or ready to book your spiritual retreat? Visit the retreat centre website or call 1-888-749-4252 and speak to Scott Young.!