The Leader as Shepherd Super Seminar
It’s only when Provision, Protection and Presence are intertwined that a shepherd can truly fulfill their calling as leader.
Purpose-Why Are We Offering This Training?
We eagerly desire to strengthen our appreciation and practice of shepherding leadership so that all of our staff and volunteers across YFC Canada will feel valued and engaged, resulting in greater missional effectiveness!
When you live into your calling as a leader, everything changes!
This seven-hour workshop explores shepherding as a universal Godly leadership principle and privilege. Whether parenting, pastoring, managing, or working with ministry partners, the timeless responsibilities of provision, protection and presence are highlighted during this time together. The shepherding leadership principle is grounded in these three pivotal elements of leadership and this highly interactive time develops the premise that it is only when these three responsibilities are fully realized that one can truly live into their calling as leader.
The course is broken down into segments emphasizing provision, protection and presence.
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone interested in strengthening their leading of others in their home, ministry or church
- Supervisors, Executive Directors, Ministry Directors and anyone who leads or desires to lead others well
- To strengthen YFC Canada’s big picture understanding of the three practices of shepherding leadership – protection, provision and presence
- To be able to use a common language when discussing and referencing Leadership and Supervision skills
- To strengthen existing skills of Executive Directors and Supervisors by providing practical tools
- To understand that Leading others is a spiritual responsibility and a privilege modeled around the life of Jesus as Shepherd
- Holly and Doug Culhane will be onsite for duration of NMC and available for coaching/implementation of principles
- To develop eight interactive modules around The Leader as Shepherd for future training of new supervisors that will be available on YFC Canada’s continuing education platform on RightNow Media@Work
- To develop modules and training materials for continued development of supervisors, team leaders and executive directors
To Register: You will have the option to register for The Leader As Shepherd Super Seminar when you register for NMC.
From $99/person (depending on choice of accommodation)
Special Book Offer
We are excited to offer a copy of the recently released Ken Blanchard book Servant Leadership in Action: How You Can Achieve Great Relationships and Results by Ken Blanchard & Renee Broadwell, featuring a chapter contribution from Holly Culhane of Presence Point Ministries (and presenter of The Leader as Shepherd workshop), to the first 50 people who register for The Leader as Shepherd Super Seminar!
Sign Up Today!
What People are Saying About Holly Culhane and The Leader as Shepherd:
“It’s right, it’s real, and it’s convicting.”
- Patrick Lencioni, author of The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, The Ideal Team Player, and The Advantage
“Shepherding leadership is all about servant leadership in action. Everyone should recognize that their job is to provide, protect, and be present for their people. Applying this model will make a difference in their lives and yours.”
- Ken Blanchard, Ph.D., author of New One Minute Manager. Co-author Lead Like Jesus Revisited
“The power of your message penetrates quickly into issues of the heart as well as into the role and responsibilities of the shepherd.”
- Phil Hodges, Co-author of Lead Like Jesus
“Presence Point was an attitude-altering experience–a deep, intensive look at faith, family, relationships, leadership and purposeful living with an action plan to go forth and love the world.”
- Judy Salamacha, Presence Point Experience Workshop Host
For more information about The Leader as Shepherd, see http://www.presencepoint.com/